DATA SUBJECTS’ INFORMATION: Economic Regeneration including The Enterprise Network
This notice explains what happens to your personal data that is gathered.
1. Data Controller
Wiltshire Council is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Full details of the registration are available at ICO register of data controllers.
2. Data Controller Contact Details
We can be contacted by phone, in person, or in writing
3. Data Protection Officer
Our DPO may be contacted as above or online at email@example.com
4. Purpose of processing
The Economic Regeneration Service will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- maintaining our own accounts and records
- promoting the services we provide and supporting businesses
- marketing our local tourism
- managing our property
- carrying out surveys
- administering the assessment and collection of taxes and other revenue including benefits and grants leave in (we administer grants) undertaking research
- reviewing responses to public consultation
- managing contractual obligations
- the provision of all commercial services including the administration and enforcement of parking regulations and restrictions
- the provision of all non-commercial activities including refuse collections from residential properties,
- internal financial support and corporate functions
- managing archived records for historical and research reasons
5. Legal basis for processing
Our processing shall be lawful because at least one of the following will apply:
(a) the data subject has given consent to the Council for processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes;
(b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
(c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Council is subject;
(d) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council;
If your special category data is processed, in addition to one of the above, processing will be necessary because at least one of the following shall also apply:
(e) the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes,
(f) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes
6. Recipients or categories of recipients
Where necessary and lawful, or when required by legal obligation, we may share information with:
- service providers
- local and central government
- ombudsman and regulatory authorities
- professional advisers
- credit reference agencies
- professional bodies
- survey and research organisations
- police forces
- other police forces, non-home office police forces
- regulatory bodies
- local and central government
- partner agencies, approved organisations and individuals working with the police,
- service providers
- law enforcement and prosecuting authorities
- legal representatives, defence solicitors
7. Retention Period
Wiltshire Council will process your personal data for the above purposes for no longer than necessary. Full details of our retention schedule
8. Your rights
Your rights are set out in in Articles 13 to 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and include:
- The right to access your personal information, to request rectification or erasure of certain personal information and to object to processing in certain circumstances.
- The right to withdraw any consent you may have given to process your personal information.
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel we are processing your personal information unlawfully.
- The right to restrict processing activity in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to certain types of processing activity
The information you are giving us is not a statutory or contractual requirement; or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract
You are not obliged to provide this information.
10. Automated Decision Making
Wiltshire Council does not use automated decision making in respect to your personal information. We will provide you with an explanation of the decision-making criteria and significance or likely consequences of such data processing.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer (if you consent to us using cookies). Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|https://www.theworkshed.co.uk/||_ga||Google Analytics – This cookie enables us to Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.|
|https://www.theworkshed.co.uk/||_gat||Google Analytics – This cookie enables us to Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.|
|https://www.theworkshed.co.uk/||_gid||Google Analytics – This cookie enables us to Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 Years.
Be the first to hear about latest news and events